Blue Guard Innovations High Water Alarm Sensor
High Water Alarm Sensor
The USCG 46 CFR 28.250 & 182.530 compliant BG-HW (High Water Sensor) detects salt or fresh water and can be easily integrated into any vessel’s alarm system. Water in any compartment of a vessel is a potential crisis. Early warnings of water entering the hull or leaking from plumbing is extremely important for the safety of the vessel and passengers. The BG-HW is CE and ISO 8846 Marine Ignition Protection Certified, tested to ABYC-1500 standards. Patented technology.
How It Works:
The BG-HW triggers an alarm when high water is detected, once connected to a BG-CP (Control Panel) or any alarm system. The BG-HW has a 12 or 24 Vdc with 1 amp max alarm output.
The BG-HW is a solid-state device with no moving parts or float switches that can easily be damaged. With IP-68 rated durability, the BG-HW is made with rugged, non-corrosive ABS plastic. The sensor comes with a heavy-duty mounting bracket to attach to a bulkhead or frame with #8×0.75” 316 stainless steel screws. Heavy-duty 14 gauge marine grade wires connect to the BG-JBox (Junction Box) that should be mounted high on a bulkhead, keeping the connections dry and reliable. The BG-HW has two integrated sensors that ensure a reliable and accurate detection.
- High Water Detection: Manual test point on the sensors
- 2 integrated sensors - solid-state with no moving parts or mechanical float switches that can easily be damaged
- Smart bilge pump switch rated for up to 20 amp bilge pumps- Mode A (Marine Mode) and Mode B (Marine Sanctuary) automatically turns off the bilge pump when oil or fuel is detected
- Integrated Bluetooth connectivity- connects to the BGI Config App available on IOS and Android devices
- USCG 46 CFR 28.250 & 182.530 Compliant
- CE and ISO 8846 Marine Ignition Protection Certified
- Alarm Output: 12 or 24 Vdc, 1 amp max
- Operating Voltage: 12 or 24 Vdc
- Operating Temperature Range with Full Functionality: 32F -158F
- Operating Temperature Range: -22F - 185F
- Three Wire System: Heavy-duty 14 gauge marine grade wires, 6ft long
- IP-68 Rated Durability: Rugged, non-corrosive ABS plastic housing and mounting bracket
- Compact Size: Without Mounting Bracket- 4.6in D x 2in H / With Mounting Bracket- 5.9in L x 4.6in W x 2.0 in H
Quick Guide (pdf)
- Type: Swtiches
- Box Dimensions: 7"H x 4"W x 5"L WT: 1.2 lbs
- UPC: 851282008020