Blue Guard Innovations Solid-State Bilge Pump Switch
Solid- State Bilge Pump Switch
The BG-SW (Solid-State Bilge Pump Switch) is a highly reliable bilge pump switch, with no moving parts, that is the ideal replacement for unreliable mechanical float switches. The BG-SW uses two integrated sensors to detect liquid in the bilge while reliably activating the bilge pump. Having no moving parts that can be jammed or damaged, the solid-state BG-SW is built to outlast all the mechanical float switches on the market today. The BG-SW is CE and ISO 8846 Marine Ignition Protection Certified, tested to ABYC-1500 standards. Patented technology.
How It Works:
The BG-SW will turn the bilge pump ON when water or any liquid is detected and turn OFF when no water or liquid is detected. The BG-SW extends the life of the bilge pump due to its ability to significantly reduce current spikes during the activation of the pump. The BG-SW can be tested and its status can be viewed using the BGI Config App, which can be downloaded from the App Store or Google Play. The App is used on a mobile device with Bluetooth to wirelessly connect to the BG-SW device. The App will report the input voltage level and system temperature. It also allows changing the name of the device for easy identification and testing the device. Set the pump run time after water detection via the BGI Config App.
With IP-68 rated durability, the BG-SW is made with rugged, non-corrosive ABS plastic. The sensor comes with a heavy-duty mounting bracket to attach to a bulkhead or frame with #8×0.75” 316 stainless steel screws. Heavy-duty 14 gauge marine grade wires connect the BG-SW to the bilge pump and the BG-JBox (Junction Box) that should be mounted high on a bulkhead, keeping the connections dry and reliable. The BG-SW has two integrated sensors to ensure a reliable and accurate detection.
- 2 integrated sensors - solid-state with no moving parts or mechanical float switches that can easily be damaged
- Solid-state bilge pump switch rated for up to 20 amp bilge pumps
- -Integrated Bluetooth connectivity- connects to the BGI Config App available on IOS and Android devices
- CE and ISO 8846 Marine Ignition Protection Certified
Quick Guide (pdf)
- Max Current: 20 amps
- Operating Voltage: 12 or 24 Vdc
- Operating Temperature Range with Full Functionality: 32F -158F
- Operating Temperature Range: -22F - 185F
- Four Wire System: Heavy-duty 14 gauge marine grade wires, 6ft long
- IP-68 Rated Durability: Rugged, non-corrosive ABS plastic housing and mounting bracket
- Compact Size: Without Mounting Bracket- 4.6in D x 2in H / With Mounting Bracket- 5.9in L x 4.6in W x 2.0 in H